- We have a 24-hour cancellation policy due to a high demand for appointments. In the case that you cannot make your appointment PLEASE cancel within 24 hours. There is a charge for missed appointments. (A credit card is required to reserve an appointment.24-hour cancellation policy. Failure to show, late arrivals and any cancellations with less than 24 hours of notice are subject to a cancellation fee.)
- Please come at least 5-10 minutes before your scheduled treatment as you will need to fill out a client form. This form gives us vital health information we need to help choose the best treatment for you.
- Keep in mind that certain conditions, like pregnancy and other acute health conditions, may limit treatment options. We always keep the health of our clients as our top priority in choosing a treatment that is right for you.
- Lastly if you have any questions about your upcoming appointment/s please call us and we will take care to answer all your questions.
- You will be pre-screened during the time of booking, and before entering the Clinic to confirm if you are feeling well – no fever, cough or other symptoms.
- If you have tested positive for COVID-19, or have knowingly come into close contact with someone who has, we ask that you do not come for any services for 14 days or until you have tested negative for COVID-19.
- If you have symptoms of COVID-19, please do not come for services until your symptom and fever free.
- If you feel unwell or have any concerns about showing up for your service please notify us.
What can I expect at my facial appointment?
Plan to arrive to your first appointment about 5-10 minutes early. You will need to fill out a form listing contact information, allergies, and any medications that you are currently taking. Then your esthetician will evaluate your skin using a magnify lamp, ask you about your goals for your skin, and make a recommendation for skincare products and treatments to help you reach those goals.
How do I prepare for a facial?
A few things to consider:
1) First, you should skip any strong at-home facial treatments the week before your appointment. You should even avoid gentle exfoliation for a few days before since exfoliation is one of the key steps in a pro facial.
2) Try not to tan or burn near your appointment (or ever) because your Esthetician will have to perform a gentle facial to help with the sun damage, instead of one that can really target any deeper concerns you have with your skin.
3) You should also bring in a list of the skin care products that you use are currently using so your Esthetician has the information needed. In addition to your daily skin care products, make sure to bring a list of your medications, medical conditions, and past skin conditions so your Esthetician can choose products that will not interact. Even over-the-counter medications can significantly affect your skin.
What Should I Avoid after a Facial?
You should avoid going to the gym after your facial for about 24 hours because you might over stimulate the skin due to sweating and increased circulation. You will also want to give your skin a break from exfoliation for 48 hours. This is because your skin experiences a professional level of exfoliation during your spa facial and you do not want to over exfoliate. When you do exfoliate or even cleanse the skin next, make sure to not scrub too hard. Always be gentle to your skin, especially after a facial. You can wear makeup after a facial, but your skin will be more sensitive so stick to makeup that is not perfumed and does not have ingredients that would clog pores or lead to breakouts.
Do you do facials and Treatments for men?
Yes, 50% of our clients are male and we have men booking facials and/or treatments on a daily basis. All our treatments work well for men. Kalon Skin Lab Caters to both Ladies & Gentlemen.
Why is it so important to have a regular facial, and how often should I have one?
Looking after your skin is the best way to slow down the signs of aging, and to keep your skin clear, healthy, and nourished. Having a monthly facial performed by a professional addresses skin concerns and anti-aging, and it promotes long-term healthy, clean, and youthful skin.
How can seasonal changes affect my skin?
Like the seasons, skin goes through its own fluctuations. Combine nature’s weather cycle with air conditioning and forced-air heating, and you have skin that is constantly under assault. Cold winds and low temperatures can dry out skin, depriving it of balanced levels of oils, contributing to dryness, sensitivity, and premature aging. Prolonged exposure to the sun causes water to evaporate from skin, which is why skin that has recently been burned or tanned requires more moisturization than unexposed areas. Forced-air heating also dries out skin: warm, dry air acts like a sponge, soaking up moisture from everything it touches.
SKIN RESURFACING TREATMENTS
What should you not do before microdermabrasion and Chemical Peels?
Pre – Microdermabrasion and Chemical Peel Instructions:
- Do not use Retinol or other exfoliating creams 24 to 72 hours (1 to 3 days) prior to your treatment.
- Avoid sun tanning or tanning creams/sprays for at least a week before treatment
- You must NOT have recently had laser surgery or used Accutane
- Candidates who have had a recent chemical peel or other skin procedure, such as collagen injections, should wait two to three weeks before undergoing microdermabrasion.
- Prospective patients should also refrain from waxing or tanning the skin to be treated for a few weeks prior to microdermabrasion treatment.
What should I avoid after microdermabrasion and Chemical Peels?
Post – Microdermabrasion and Chemical Peel Instructions:
To maximize microdermabrasion recovery time and results, it is important to follow all post-procedure instruction below:
- Keep the new skin clean and moisturized.
- Anti-inflammatory creams or cold compresses may be used, as necessary.
- Use a gentle cleanser.
- Trauma such as scratching or picking the treated area should be avoided.
- It is important to avoid irritating the treated skin with harsh chemicals, rubbing, or tanning for one week.
- Although some peeling may occur in the treated areas, moisturizer should help minimize this effect.
- Avoid staying in the sun for at least 7 days after the microdermabrasion treatment to prevent UV rays from damaging your skin which slows down the recovery.
- Patients who absolutely cannot avoid sun exposure should use a broad-spectrum sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or higher.
- Do not use glycolic, alpha hydroxy, beta hydroxy, retinol, benzyl peroxide or topical acne medications for 24-48 hours following treatment.
WHAT SKIN CONCERNS DOES MICRONEEDLING TREAT?
Microneedling is known to naturally smooth, tighten and target aging areas of the face and body. Microneedling treats and prevents wrinkles, aging skin, surgical and hypertrophic scars, stretch marks, acne and pitted scars, sagging skin, hyperpigmentation, UV damage, Rosacea, and Melasma.
WHAT CAN I EXPECT DURING MY MICRONEEDLING TREATMENT?
First your face is thoroughly cleansed, then a topical anesthetic is applied to your skin for 30 minutes before your treatment. When the treatment begins, a serum will be applied to your skin to help the MicroPen gently glide over your skin. The needling itself typically feels like a slight vibration, and almost like a massage with tingling on your skin. Inflammation begins immediately during your treatment. An Inflammatory Response will trigger tissue generation. Your very own natural growth factors will cause your body to produce healthy tissue. During the collagen induction process, the tiny needles in the MicroPen will penetrate through your skin but will not remove it. Since your skin will only be punctured, it will heal quickly. Your skin will lightly bleed but only for a few seconds. The mini punctures will trigger the production of your very own growth factors that eventually result in collagen production. New collagen production can be further increased using proper skin care products and good after care. -New tissue Formation will continue for up to 1-year post treatment.
HOW MANY TREATMENTS WILL IT TAKE?
Treatments vary depending on skin conditions, but we typically recommend between 3-6 sessions with 4-6 weeks in between sessions and then touch ups once or twice a year after that.
HOW DO I CARE FOR MY SKIN AFTER MY MICRONEEDLING TREATMENT?
You should expect erythema and edema to the treated area. This will subside within a day or two. Tiny pinpoint scabs will appear 24-72 hours post-treatment and may remain 3-7 days following. The scabs should not be touched, itched, or exfoliated. They will naturally shed off when ready. During the next 48 hours post-treatment, you should avoid working out, hot showers, massages, and sun exposure.
Do not apply makeup to your skin for 12 hours after treatment while your skin is healing. You may start applying emollient creams to alleviate any dry, tight, or itchy sensations while your skin is healing. Do not shave for 1-2 days post treatment while your skin is healing. You should apply high-factor sunscreen (at least 30 SPF) and protect the treated area from sunlight. Sun exposure may cause hyperpigmentation.
How does it feel during the Cavitation or Radio Frequency treatment?
Most people feel the treatment is painless and comfortable. Some people may feel slight discomfort due to the specific noise spreading inside the body (a ringing in the ears) but causes no harm and disappears as soon as the applicator is moved away from the body. You may also experience warmth during the treatment if you are getting Radio Frequency done. RF is an effective way to improve skin tightness and elasticity, reduce wrinkles and cellulite, boosting the overall condition on areas of the body such as the face, chin, upper arm, abdomen, thighs, bra line or buttocks.
What can be treated with the Cavitation, Radio Frequency system and Lipolaser?
- Fat & Cellulite reduction
- Skin tightening and fat melting
- Body Sculpting
Who cannot have Cavitation, Radio Frequency and LipoLaser treatments?
People with cancer, cardiac and vascular diseases, diabetes, acute illness, compromised liver function, severe bleeding tendencies, pacemaker carriers and women who are pregnant or breastfeeding should avoid undergoing the procedure.
How is the fat eliminated from the body?
The ultrasound cavitation causes an emulsification of fat, it ruptures fat cell membranes, thereby releasing its fat content, converting it into a substance easy to eliminate through sweat glands, liver circulation, lymphatic system which eventually eliminate through urine.
Recommended guidelines before or after undergoing Ultrasound Fat Cavitation, LipoLaser or RF?
We recommend a low-calorie diet with protein in each meal and drink at least a glass of warm water (not carbonated, sparkling water, pop, coffee) before and after the session. Drinking plenty of water and having exercise such as walking, biking, or running for at least 3 days after the treatment to stimulate the lymphatic activity, as elimination of the fat continues through the Lymphatic System for 72 hrs. Follow a suitable exercise routine. All these treatments will be best performed under high hydration conditions, avoid taking any caffeine or diuretics 2 days before therapy. Drinking a lot of water will help to improve your metabolism and increase urine output — lipid metabolites release out of your body
- A lymph-draining massage is also encouraged to improve the circulation and lymphatic system, which helps to drain fluids
- For best results you should refrain from any alcohol consumption for 48 hours after the treatment. Alcohol consumption during this period may prevent your liver from removing the deactivated fat cells from your body (as the liver will assign priority to removing the alcohol from your blood)
How many times and how often should I have the treatments?
Ultrasound Cavitation and Lipolaser: 2-4 sessions spaced 3 days apart for the first 4 sessions, then once a week for sessions 5-8 and bi-weekly 9-12, depending on client.
RF: 2-4 sessions spaced 3 days apart for the first 4 sessions, then once a week for sessions 5-8 and bi-weekly 9-12 depending on client.
After the initial treatments are completed, maintenance treatments consist of one session each month for 4 months followed by one treatment every 4 months.